Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Agra [formerly Mental Hospital, Agra] is an autonomous body created under the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court in 1994 with following objectives:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic facilities for mental patients.
- Social and occupational rehabilitation of mental patients.
- Professional and paraprofessional training in the field of Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology, Psychiatric Social Work and Psychiatric Nursing.
- Expansion of mental health services at community level by providing training to medical and para medical personnel in the field and
- Research in behavioral sciences.
- It was notified in the extra –ordinary Gazette by Government of U.P. and duly registered as Society in 1996 under Societies Registration Act, 1860.